UC SAN DIEGO HEALTH CLOUD COLLAB (M365: TEAMS, ONEDRIVE AND MORE)
What? - Applications
Cloud Collaboration Tools are a cloud-based, integrated suite of apps.
The following apps have been rolled-out:
- Online Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and many more
Why? - Implementation Drivers
Our employees are highly distributed between home and office, with many team members working remotely.
We are responding to this shift in the way we work by deploying secure technology solutions that facilitate real-time communication and collaboration from any device, anywhere.
When? - Timeline
Launched on August 17, 2020 with enhancements to follow
- Upload and work with your files from anywhere and form any device with a consistent web interface, even with PHI.
- Work collaboratively with your team, including simultaneous editing of documents in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, without desktop applications.
- Connect to OneDrive and work completely in the cloud – no more local copies of files floating around.
- Share links, not files – you will always know where the latest version is, who has seen it and when it was edited.
- Not emailing files means a smaller mailbox; archive your messages less often
- Message your colleagues from within Cloud Collaboration Tools via Teams chat and share files to view and edit in real-time.
For questions, please contact the UC San Diego Health IS Help Desk at x3HELP or 619-543-HELP.
Microsoft Teams Webinars